I have never made it a secret that I am totally new at the business of having a blog. When I started, my only wish was putting my efforts of writing in an arena which they had a chance to be seen. It has been a little bit over a month since I started and, even though my stats are not as impressive as some of those I have seen, I am pleased with the steady growth I have achieved. Even more than the steady growth, I am so pleased with the quality of people I have come across that have offered encouragement in my writing efforts and stir my soul from the blogs they themselves have established. I regret not starting my blogging earlier for these reasons.
One of the things that I have been confused about during this time is this whole award business. From what I can tell the process is just a way of promoting blogs including your own. After a few nominations and a lot of thought, I have decided to give the process a shot. Why not? All it will do is cost me some time. However, that time is well spent if I can recognize a few blogs that I have come to enjoy in hopes others in this chain discover them and think see there worth like I do.
Here I go….
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger named Steve the blog he calls home is http://imagineerebooks.wordpress.com I do not lie when I say the nomination is an honor. Like all every other person in the world, it touches my heart to be thought of as a person deserving of an award of any kind.
Here are the rules that were given to me to follow and those that I bestow the honor to will have to follow these rules as well.
1. Answer the 10 random questions or those of your own choosing.
2. Nominate 10 other bloggers for the Award and link their blog sites.
3. Notify the bloggers of their award.
4. Ask the award winners to answer the 10 questions when they accept their Award.
First, I will answer the questions provided…..
1. Do you have a goal in life? I will live long enough to be a grumpy old woman who speaks her mind. People will get offended. People will hate what I have to say. However, most of them will love me despite my lack of social filter. (I’m almost there by the way…so watch out)
2. City or countryside? Depends on my mood…but I know from experience that it does not matter either one can be a lonely place if your are lonely in your heart.
3. What was the last word you looked up in the dictionary? Bilharzial…it was a silly thing I do from time to time looking for writing prompts. I put a word or words in a Scrabble Assist app and see what words come out…in this case it was my full name and the result was this disgusting “Snail Fever” a parasitic disease. Needless to say…I did not use the prompt and would rather put the whole experience behind me.
4. If you had a time machine where would you go? January 15, 1993…the reason I will keep close to my heart.
5. Pirate or Vampires? Pirate….I am compelled to touch the souls of those I meet and I can’t do that with a Vampire.
6. Are you an easily satisfied person or you do you keep working to obtain something? I don’t know what I want for sure…so I am happy with what I got. I am blessed being like this. 🙂
7. Sweet or savory? Savory…I like my food the way I like my life! I want the meat and gravy of the meal and the sweets are only to uplift from time to time.
8. Do you believe in Karma? I think bad happens for a reason…so figure there is no need for a payback force to punish the person involved in teaching a life lesson.
9. What’s your favorite comedy film? The Hangover series. Gotta love the wolf pack!
10. Fantasy or sci-fi? Both….but if I have to pick one it would be Sci-fi because of my love of Star Wars.
Now my nominations……
- http://amuseless.wordpress.com/ is not only highly talented they also were one of my first finds that followed me. For that they deserve my nomination!
- http://khmazzola124.wordpress.com/ Her writing ability is one I aspire to have…plus she is so kind as to take time to read what I have to offer.
- http://soulmindheart.wordpress.com Her poetry is divine it has a way of grabbing a heart and slapping it around to make sure it is beating. Yes, I am a fan. 🙂
- http://thoughtsofalunatic.com/ I know she gets many of these types of awards and despite knowing she will have to decline but be honored I am offering it anyway. I am in awe of any person who puts herself out there in order to find who she is. In my opinion, it is a beautiful light.
- http://shoe1000.wordpress.com He has also honored me with an award (which I will find time to complete very soon) But this is not a nomination based on tit for tat…He is deserving because he is what bloggers need most…he is a reader. While he offers comfort with his own blog he also reaches out to others and actually reads what is wrote. We all know we have followers who like what we offer without really and absorbing the words we wrote. Those pretend to be kind by leaving a like behind…he leaves truly appreciating what you offered. To me…that is worth more that any large number of likes from those other types of folks. 🙂
- http://darkyblue.wordpress.com/ Is another blogger that I am going to nominate, understanding though very honored, she will decline. However, I want to use this opportunity to show my appreciation for blog and the story that it tells. I love woman who are on a journey to discover their own voice they were denied.
- http://banphrionsa01.wordpress.com/ I love this bloggers flights of a fantasy.
- http://totalovrdose.wordpress.com/Gotta love a blog that has posts that need a disclaimer that the following may have some content violent and sexual in nature. lol Besides his likes of my offerings on a regular basis are not overlooked my me. 🙂 Thanks for that.
- http://iampandaexpress.wordpress.com This nomination may piss off this Twitter Vixen. But I don’t mind I want to everyone I find her writing sublime in cone with a cherry on top. Hug to you from me my friend!
- http://djhardesty.wordpress.com/ Last, but by no means least, I present a very talented writer. Her words are never about the surface they are much deeper than that. I appreciate every offering I see she has put out and love every minute of it.